Monday 3 March 2014

Voices

Hi My Girl,

I'm sorry that I haven't written to you as much lately. I was very sick again last weekend and had to spend 4 days in the hospital getting lots of medications and fluids to help make me better. I hope you weren't too disturbed by being poked and prodded by all the doctors and nurses. It was lovely to hear your steady little heartbeat over and over during my hospital stay. Every time the nurses gave me medication they would listen to your heart to make sure you weren't being affected by it (you weren't - you are still as healthy as can be!)

I'm feeling much better these days - still tired and achy but the doctors have given me medicine to take for the rest of my pregnancy to (hopefully) prevent me from getting sick again. I hope you're doing okay in there and that you can feel how deeply loved you are.

You are now almost 23 weeks and seem to be testing your boundaries! Your movements are much stronger and seem almost deliberate at times - especially when your Daddy talks to you. Every time you hear his voice you kick and squirm like crazy! It's very special for both of us to know you're developing a connection with him already. He's going to be your best friend, I just know it! He calls you his Little Lady and Little Dancer and constantly tells you how much he loves you and has been thinking of you. Do you ever get tired of hearing our voices? We talk to you so much!

I can't wait to hear your voice for the first time, sweet girl.

I love you,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment