Wednesday 26 March 2014

Be Brave

My Dear Scarlett,

Your Mama desperately needs to stop reading articles about what our first few months with you will be like. While well-intentioned, they're terrifying! Even if it's true that your Daddy and I will essentially be hostages in our own home, enslaved by your emotions and needs for what seems like FOREVER, that's not what I want to hear right now.

I'm scared enough as it is and I just want to imagine that it won't be as hard as I think and that everything will be just fine (because it will). So I'm going to take a break from all these other "mommy blogs" and just enjoy my time with you as you grow inside me. I'm going to try my best to just BE BRAVE.

Daddy and I had our first prenatal class last night! It was lots of fun - the instructor is a hoot and the information she gave us was really interesting! After the class we went out for a nice dinner and spent some time staring at one-another and marveling at how lucky we are to have found each other and now to be expecting you. We are shamelessly, nauseatingly in love (as you will soon discover).

Your Daddy sings to you from time to time and has taken to teaching you life-lessons already! Last night he advised you to spend a lot of time just quietly observing people because you can learn a lot about the world we live in by people-watching. He's an old soul, your Daddy, but he's a wise one. He also said the following:

"You're gonna be kind and wise, just like your Mama. So make sure you listen to her - she's a smart lady with a lot of great advice to give."

We love you.
Mama xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment