Tuesday 28 January 2014

Time Lapse

Dear Baby,

Sorry it's been a while since I've written to you - I've talked to you every day though and surely that counts for something! Your Mama has been sick as dog for the past couple weeks and I desperately hope the meds and fever and general poorly-ness hasn't affected you. I can feel you squirming around in there though so I suspect you're doing just fine.

You moved when your Daddy was talking to you the other day. It was a lovely moment - I wish he could've felt it too. It was the first time I'd felt you move all day and it was (I assume) in response to his voice. He was telling you he loves you and can't wait to show you the world.

We read to you before bed now. So far it's just Tales of Oliver Pig (one of Mama's favourites when she was younger) but I promise to dig out the Robert Munsch books very soon. Your Daddy hates reading aloud but I love those moments with you both - watching him cuddle up to my belly to read you sweet stories is ... magical. Everything about you is magical.

Stay warm in there, little one. It's still too cold out here for you.

I love you.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment