Monday 18 November 2013

Happy Speculation

Dear Baby,

Last night your Daddy and I laid in bed and daydreamed about you - what you will look like, the funny faces you'll make, how terrifying it will be when you realize you can outsmart us ...

I'm afraid I'll screw you up before you even get here - like there's something I can do or say that will bring this entire process to a screeching halt before it really begins. I'm just afraid to lose you. Your Daddy reminded me that we won't be perfect parents and that we'll screw up along the way - probably more than we know. But he also reminded me that, as a team, we will raise you to have integrity and a strong sense of self, and that hopefully those things will carry you through our blunders relatively unharmed.

I hope I'm good enough for you. I'm trying my best - I always will.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment