Tuesday 9 October 2012

He Moves Me

Quite regularly James will come home from work and I'll be in the kitchen washing dishes or cooking supper. He will then slide his arms around my waist, kiss the back of my neck, and spin me around to face him. He'll pull me close to him, take my left hand in his and, while resting his cheek against my head, he'll begin to hum. Never once has he hummed a song that I recognize - in fact, every song he hums is being made up on the spot. While humming this original little tune, he will guide me around the kitchen, holding me tight and occasionally twirling me. And it doesn't matter if I'm not in the mood to dance or if I've had a bad day, as soon as he pulls me close and begins to hum, I'm home. I will never get tired of dancing with James - whether its in our tiny kitchen or in a grand ballroom - because nothing makes me feel more safe or beautiful than those moments with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment